What does your gut and mind say?

My quick answer -  2 sightings.

The fact that the Harrier was within easy flying distance and that you
saw the two sightings in such a short time I would think it was the same
bird. And there was no evidence that there was a second bird by your
note, even though that was a possibliity.

Being 5 miles away from the first sightings is too far within that time
frame for the Harrier to be following you to a different spot.  I think
this was your second sighting of a Harrier for the day.

Just my opinion.

Dick Harlow
Middlebury, VT