Yeah you're right, good call... it could be... or maybe it could not be.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 9:24 AM, J. Leigh Daboll <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This year really seems to be setting up like a classic northeast El Nino (that's Spanish for "The Nino)* I foresee a lot of really warm Temps and a snowless Christmas period.  Maybe some late season snow but nothing to write home about. Could be wrong tho...

Glad I booked at Tahoe this year. ‎Very interesting phenomenon happening in BC with everything getting record poundings of snow.

*Chris Farley

Leigh

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
  Original Message
From: David Guertin
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Reply To: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
Subject: [SKIVT-L] Long-range forecast

This morning I heard Roger Hill discussing this year's El Niño. He
reported that for us in New England, the controlling factor will be the
northern jet stream, which he sees shifting south in early-to-mid
January, bringing in polar air. Combined with above-normal precipitation
from El Niño, that could mean lots of snow for the later part of the winter.

Sure, it's long-range guessing, but as long as it says what I want to
hear, I'm OK with that.

Dave G.