I haven't had your specific problem but there are some hardware related
issues that can affect peak shape that you may want to consider. Make sure
the slit is not misshapen. The new ones have a straight and narrow opening.
Our old ones tend to widen and round out at the ends. The source magnets
affect linearity and possibly the peak shape too. If you have ever dropped
one the electron cloud in the ion source can be affected because the
magnetic field can change when jarred suddenly.

Good luck,
Brad

--
Brad Erkkila