The is not a shortage of copper per se.  In fact, there is a glut.  Copper
prices are at a 6 year low.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Reba Macdonald <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> I would say no, there is not a shortage of copper.  I order 6 pounds of Cu
> and a bunch of tin cups from Isomass in Calgary last Wednesday, it arrived
> here in Vancouver on Friday morning.  I don't know if you're able to order
> from Isomass (American vs Canadian suppliers?  what a headache!) but I've
> always found their service very prompt.
>
> Cheers,
> Reba
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Michener, Robert H <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> Over the years I’ve worked with Bruno and Costech, and they’ve been very
>> prompt with filling orders.  However, I’ve been waiting since August on
>> reduced copper wire and tin capsules.  Is there a worldwide shortage of
>> copper?  Anyone else having trouble with Costech backorders?
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Bob
>>

>> ***********
>>
>> Robert Michener
>>
>> IRMS Laboratory Manager
>>
>> Boston University Stable Isotope Laboratory
>>
>> Department of Biology
>>
>> 5 Cummington Mall
>>
>> Boston, MA  02215
>>

>> Voice: 617-353-6980
>>
>> Fax: 617-353-6340
>>
>> Email: [log in to unmask]
>>
>> Website:  www.bu.edu/sil/
>>
>> "You are what you eat, plus a few permil!"
>>
>> ***********
>>

> --
> Dr. Rebecca Macdonald
> Postdoctoral Researcher
> Archaeology Isotope Laboratory
> UBC

Steve Nelson
Professor
Dept. of Geological Sciences
S-389 ESC
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT  84602

801-422-8688
Disclaimer for the feeble-minded:  It should be painfully obvious, but the
identification of my affiliation with Brigham Young University does not
imply that the University endorses any political or otherwise partisan
content of this message.