The is not a shortage of copper per se.  In fact, there is a glut.  Copper prices are at a 6 year low.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Reba Macdonald <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Bob,

I would say no, there is not a shortage of copper.  I order 6 pounds of Cu and a bunch of tin cups from Isomass in Calgary last Wednesday, it arrived here in Vancouver on Friday morning.  I don't know if you're able to order from Isomass (American vs Canadian suppliers?  what a headache!) but I've always found their service very prompt.

Cheers,
Reba