From: "Wilmington Town Clerk" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:30:05 PM
Subject: Re: Postage Costs

When we receive recording with no return envelope, we send back a notice requesting self-addressed, stamped envelopes in the future.  Most regular recorders have made it a habit to send the envelopes.

Our notice reads:

NOTICE TO LAND RECORDS USERS REGARDING DOCUMENTS FOR RECORDING

Our office requests a self-addressed, stamped envelope accompanying documents for their return.

If you are located in the area and prefer not to include a stamp return envelope, your documents may be picked up in person.

Thank you.

In many areas of the country it’s a requirement to provide a return envelope.