I am actually surprised that we could require postage and hold documents.  I personally would want the recordings out of my office as soon as completed.  Less stress.  I too mail the documents back without postage. If there is a statute that allows this, could someone tell me what it is.

Tammy

Roxbury Town Clerk

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amber Holland
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 9:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Postage Costs

I just mail them back……  With the overall cost of the recording at $10 a page, the cost to the Town is not that high that we can’t spare the $.50 - $1.50 to mail the document back on the occasion it doesn’t have  an envelope. I’m looking at having to start piling books on the floor because of lack of space in my vault, I can’t imagine having the extra space to hold recording documents for lack of a stamp…..

Thanks,

Amber J Holland

Town Clerk/Treasurer

Town of Readsboro