That is definitely a hard choice. If user history is important, it would be
worth-while looking at a chromebook monitoring app, either per user, or
district wide. Maybe something like this would work?
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/better-history/obciceimmggglbmelaidpjlmodcebijb?hl=en

Rutland City uses GoGuardian, so we do not have to worry about students
deleting their own history because we have a history and google search log
in a cloud based platform. We have found that to be irreplaceable.

Kyle

--
*Kyle Hutchins*
District Wide Helpdesk Technician