Print

Print


Not sure why it doesn't work for you. I'm using a Chromebook and the R&W
app doesn't interfere with creating a link in docs.

*Elizabeth McCarthy, MAT*
*Digital Learning SpecialistGoogle for Education Certified Trainer*
Google+google.com/+ElizabethMcCarthy
<https://www.google.com/+ElizabethMcCarthy>



On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Elizabeth,
>
> When working in Google Docs on a Mac with Chrome browser with the
> extension enabled, if you create a new Document and within that doc you
> highlight text that you want to create a link with...the link functionality
> via the toolbar does not work.  Disable the extension and it works again.
>
> Does that help?  Using the free Chrome Extension.
> <https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/readwrite-for-google-chro/inoeonmfapjbbkmdafoankkfajkcphgd>
>
> Keith
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Elizabeth McCarthy <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I"m not sure what you are asking it to do? I don't see options in
>> Read&Write to "add a link"...what would you be linking? Also, are you using
>> the premium version? They did recent updates, you might reinstall and
>> reauthorize the app.
>>
>> *Elizabeth McCarthy, MAT*
>> *Digital Learning SpecialistGoogle for Education Certified Trainer*
>> Google+google.com/+ElizabethMcCarthy
>> <https://www.google.com/+ElizabethMcCarthy>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey folks.
>>>
>>> Did a quick search and found nothing...
>>>
>>> Using Chrome browser on Mac with the Read&Write for Google Chrome™
>>> extension enabled, create a new Google Doc and try to highlight and add
>>> link does not seem to work.  You can go to drop down menu to add link, but
>>> not the toolbar route...  I have tested on a few devices with different OS
>>> and Chrome versions...same issue.  (I did post the issue at the support tab
>>> on the Chrome Web Store.)
>>>
>>> Anyone?
>>>
>>> Keith
>>> --
>>> Keith Puffer
>>> Technology Coordinator
>>> Washington West Supervisory Union
>>> 340 Mad River Park, Suite 7
>>> Waitsfield, VT 05673
>>> 802-496-5486
>>> Fax: 802-496-6515
>>> GoogleVoice: 802-870-0630
>>>
>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>>> Archive
>>>
>>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>>
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>> Archive
>>
>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Keith Puffer
> Technology Coordinator
> Washington West Supervisory Union
> 340 Mad River Park, Suite 7
> Waitsfield, VT 05673
> 802-496-5486
> Fax: 802-496-6515
> GoogleVoice: 802-870-0630
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>