I use Autocrats for MAIL MERGE and a few other workflows.  Seems to work well.
What I don't like about it is that the PREVIEW doesn't seem to work the way I expect, so I tend to TEST it by inserting a record to myself and  using the advanced feature (to change the criteria) to merge and email the TEST only.  Every time I get skip that test, I wish I hadn't and usually find something I wish I had changed ahead time.

There have been a few new ones out there, so if anyone else has experience with then, Id love to hear  your experience.

Steve, do you need to print your mail merge results?

Lucie