When tasting, do you spit and rinse, or do you consume that beer?
Palate fatigue and all that.

P.S. I have 3 or 4 years of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot waiting patiently in my basement.

On Dec 4, 2015, at 5:28 PM, roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Cool. I did something similar with 3 bottles of Stone Imperial Russian Stout, one fresh, one aged a year, and one aged two years. Aging of this beer is supposed to mellow the alcohol flavor and increase the malts sweetness. Our group of four included a trained taste tester for coffee, a former wine seller, and another person with excellent taste in all things that cross the tongue. I felt I was the least qualified to judge. All four of us picked the fresh beer as having the qualities that are expected of the aged beer.