HI Herb--

Just a note--vintage computers may have vintage power supplies, and low
power/voltages than spec, so can also cause some problems. Sometimes
changing slots for the fiber optics card can also help--or even just
re-seating boards (removes a wee bit of corrosion that may have built up).

If you haven't, double check your open splits--make sure all are
positioned properly.  I take it the sensitivity issue is seen on both
the sample and ref gas sides, and you haven't changed/bumped the sulfur
window knob.

Have/can you check absolute sensitivity?  And was the recent sensitivity
seen before you fixed the problems higher than usual for the
instrument?  Just wondering if previous setup was getting into some
funky tune space--but looking ok on the display.

take care,

gerry

p.s. For newbies:
If you open the source and lose sensitivity (after retuning), you may
just need to wiggle source to get the holes for the gas transfer from
the valves to the source to line up.  And of course, you may have a
connector that popped off.  When Isodat let you control each plate
independently, instead of the avg voltage and difference between plates,
you could see if adjusting a given plate would affect the signal.  If it
didn't, then that connector could be loose.