HI Herb--

Just a note--vintage computers may have vintage power supplies, and low power/voltages than spec, so can also cause some problems.  Sometimes changing slots for the fiber optics card can also help--or even just re-seating boards (removes a wee bit of corrosion that may have built up).

If you haven't, double check your open splits--make sure all are positioned properly.  I take it the sensitivity issue is seen on both the sample and ref gas sides, and you haven't changed/bumped the sulfur window knob.

Have/can you check absolute sensitivity?  And was the recent sensitivity seen before you fixed the problems higher than usual for the instrument?  Just wondering if previous setup was getting into some funky tune space--but looking ok on the display.

take care,

gerry

p.s. For newbies:
If you open the source and lose sensitivity (after retuning), you may  just need to wiggle source to get the holes for the gas transfer from the valves to the source to line up.  And of course, you may have a connector that popped off.  When Isodat let you control each plate independently, instead of the avg voltage and difference between plates, you could see if adjusting a given plate would affect the signal.  If it didn't, then that connector could be loose.