HI Matheus and Marilyn--

Silver, m.p. 962,  in the hot zone above the chromic oxide???

Ok, I've not noticed problems running silver capsules when using an ash collector...

I've had limited success putting copper in tin capsules, then running that prior to samples.  Not so much when I tried a layer of copper--but haven't put the time in to sort it out.

HIgh salt content in samples can also cause problems.  Do these samples eat thru the quartz wool?

take care,

gerry