From: Stable Isotope Geochemistry <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of William Patterson <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 11:54 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: petroleum jelly

Hi Dave,
Are you analyzing the whole ticks or portions of the exoskeletal chitin?
Cheers,
Bill

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 1:18 PM, David Gillikin <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Hi all,

Someone who would like to analyze ticks for d13C and d15N in my lab, but some of the ticks have been exposed to water mixed with petroleum jelly (this is how they deal with escapees). Is there any way to safely wash them without further contamination?

Thanks,
Dave
David P. Gillikin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Geology
Director: Union Stable Isotope Laboratory
Union College
Department of Geology
807 Union St.
Schenectady, NY 12308

Office phone: (518) 388-6679<tel:%28518%29%20388-6679>
Lab phone:     (518) 388-8741<tel:%28518%29%20388-8741>
email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
web: http://minerva.union.edu/gillikid/
Lab Website: http://minerva.union.edu/gillikid/lab.htm

Dr. William P. Patterson
Professor and Director, Saskatchewan Isotope Laboratory
114 Science Place
Saskatoon SK S7N5E2
Canada
http://geochemistry.usask.ca/bill.html