Has anyone compared chromium vs. copper oxide as the oxidation catalyst in a Flash 1200? I used copper oxide without any difference in % and isotope CN results when I was running a 2 tube setup that had the reduced copper in the second tube, however, I have switched to a 1 tube packing scheme so there is not enough room for a lot of any 1 catalyst. The 1 tube packing goes chromium oxide, reduced copper, silvered cobaltous/ic oxide as describe in the Flash manual. Since I accidentally ordered a large amount of copper oxide (I really need to pay better attention sometimes) I was thinking of using it for the chromium in this configuration. My samples are typically 2 mg of dried plant material.

Todd Brown

Monsanto

700 Chesterfield Pkwy

Chesterfield MO 63017

Office 636 737-6397

FAX 636 737-4844

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled
to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and
all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto, including its
subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States, potentially
including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations issued by the U.S. Department of
Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information you are obligated to comply with all