We would like to announce the following session on *Volatile Emissions in
Tectonically and Seismically Active Regions of the Earth's Crust at
the Goldschmidt 2016* at Yokohama, Japan (26 June to 1 July).
http://goldschmidt.info/2016/index

Abstract submission and registration are now open.

*Abstract submission deadline:26 February.*
http://goldschmidt.info/2016/abstracts
http://goldschmidt.info/2016/registration

Session 08c: Establishing and Understanding Links between Seismicity and
Gas Chemistry in Tectonically and Volcanically Active Regions

We solicit contributions that report on the chemistry and isotope
systematics of gas emanations in volcanically- and seismically-active
regions of Earth’s crust. Such emanations could include fumaroles, hot
springs, groundwaters or gas seeps, and noble gases, major volatiles (CO2,
N2, CH4), and trace gases (including higher hydrocarbons) are of particular
interest. Both short and long-term monitoring studies are relevant
especially if they are of sufficient sampling frequency to capture
transient anomalies in the gas record. We are also interested in new
developments in sampling/field instrumentation approaches that improve or
complement standard sampling techniques. We aim to document and explain
both pre- and post-event changes in gas characteristics, including fluxes,
that can inform about magma movement, changes in subsurface permeability
(faulting) and/or gas provenance issues. Ultimately, we aim to assess the
relationship, if any, between variability in the gas record and active
processes of volcanic and earthquake activity.

Keynote Speaker: Sheng Xu (SUERC; University of Glasgow)

We hope to see many of you in Yokohama!

With best wishes,

Conveners:
David Hilton
Guodong Zheng
Zhengfu Guo
Yuji Sano

--
Dr. David R. Hilton (Professor of Geochemistry)Scripps Institution of
Oceanography,University California San Diego,9500 Gilman Drive,La