Thanks a lot to everyone, your answers were very well received and helpful, as always.

Cheers, Alejandro

De: Alejandro Garcia Moya [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Enviado el: miércoles, 13 de enero de 2016 13:50
Para: [log in to unmask]
Asunto: Adding liquid nitrogen to organic samples

Dear isogeochem list,

I'm processing organic tissues for C and N stable isotope and elemental determinations. I've been having problems with the homogenizing procedure for some samples that have a particularly tough texture. I'm sure that a prior treatment with liquid nitrogen could facilitate the grinding, but it brings a key question to my mind:

Could be possible that the added N2 stay, in some way, attached to the tissue and brings some erratic or slanted values to the measurements?

If someone have any similar experience and/or advise, I will appreciate it very much

Best, Alejandro