The Secretary of State’s Office shares the concerns expressed by both Cassandra and Carol.

State Archivist Tanya Marshall, Deputy Secretary Chris Winters and the VMCTA have brought several issues to the committee’s attention and are urging them to take a slower, more comprehensive approach (including marriage and divorce records).

It is our hope we can do this over the next year with the SoS and the Clerks at the drafting table.

 Jim Condos

Secretary of State

State of Vermont

128 State Street