I am sensitive to the need to respect the needs of the birds and the rights
of homeowners and neighbors when birders "descend in large numbers".

I would love to try "owling".  Do you just drive/hike around and listen?
Are there general areas that are more promising than others?  Weather
conditions that yield better results?  Some reports make me that that songs
and calls may be played to encourage a response and I have wondered about
that as I thought that would be disruptive.  Are there cases in which the
playbacks are acceptable?

Thanks...though I guess I should just do some online research.

Marthathink