I second Jeffrey's endorsement of the Nikon Monarchs. I recommended them to
two friends & they are very satisfied with the quality of the coated lens &
clarity of optics. Best bet though, is to go to a place where you can wrap
your hands around some test models & give them a go outdoors.

Diane Brown
Middlebury