Hello Vermont Birders:

I set out late morning to run some errands and mysteriously my birding gear
ended up in the car. I completed the "got to" list and blew off the rest
for another day.

First birding highlight was a cloud of Snow Buntings in flight on the east
side of Route 7, just south of the VT Teddy Bear Company, in the field
north of the Nordic Farms main buildings. I pulled over and made a quick
count of 350.

Next up was Long Point in Ferrisburgh. A hen Green-winged Teal was a
pleasant surprise on the water and a unseasonal Turkey Vulture soaring to
the north were the standouts there. As I headed back east on Long Point
Road, I repeatedly bumped a flock of four birds: three Horned Larks and a
Lapland Longspur.

At Charlotte Town Beach, two Great Blue Herons flew south together, way out
over the lake.

Another pathetic-looking Great Blue Heron was hunkered down at the mouth of
the river at the Shelburne Bay boat launch.  Photo at:
https://flic.kr/p/CNVPJZ

Best waterfowl numbers/diversity were from the Shelburne Bay boat launch.
My only Ring-necked Duck (drake) of the day was there. I witnessed an adult
Bald Eagle fly to a perch next to another adult Bald Eagle on the east side
of Shelburne Point -- potential nest site?

Good birding,
Eric
Eric Hynes
Burlington, VT