A friend asked me for advice on purchasing birding bins.  She is a new
birder and willing to spend between $200 and $500, but stressed that the
upper limit was reserved for a pair that was " noticeably superior to
others."  Can anyone offer practical advice or review on a specific model
they use in this price range?  I've already suggested WBU in Saratoga if she
wants to shop local and have a face-to-face  "hands-on" and Eagle Optics for
a good selection and expert advice.  I also gave her a basic "Choosing a
Birding Binocular" handout that I prepared years ago for our Audubon chapter
so she can get familiar with all the terminology.

Thanks for any advice I can pass on to her,
Mona Bearor
S Glens Falls