Driving the Victory Road I stumbled onto a mixed flock of finch getting grit
on the sanded road. Estimate of around 40 birds with mostly Purple Finch,
Pine Siskin, Am. Goldfinch and 5 White-winged Crossbills (4 males and a
female) The surprise was I caught sight of what I thought was a male Common
Redpoll in a bush for just 1 second flash. After 20 minutes of sitting on
this spot I caught sight of a female Common Redpoll and got a documentation
snap shot. So my instincts were well on target for 2 Common Redpolls the
first this year here. Also heard at this same location Evening Grosbeak. On
the Granby Road 33 Purple Finch and 3 Pine Siskin in another mixed flock on
the road.

In the past 2 days I've found Evening Grosbeak at 7 locations: 3 separate
locations in Island Pond (one flock had over 40 birds), Concord, Granby,
Victory and this morning here at the house in Lyndonville.

Tom Berriman