Dear Colleagues,

I am trying to determine the prevalence (ideally, in the US) of certain genetic variants. That is, I would like to find out the percentage of the population with certain gene variants. (Specifically, these are: val66met (BDNF); APOE4; tau haplotype.)

I see that this kind of data has been published for certain gene variants (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=18936436), but I'm not sure that this information is available for most variants. Since I don't have much experience with this kind of question (and even less with using the various NCBI genetics databases), I am seeking your assistance.

If anyone can offer any advice, I would appreciate it. Please feel free to respond to me off-list.

Thanks,

Stuart Moss
Library Director

Nathan Kline Institute - Office of Mental Health
140 Old Orangeburg Rd.
Orangeburg, NY  10962

845/398-6576 | 845/398-5551 (fax) | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.omh.ny.gov<http://www.omh.ny.gov/>

Visit us at http://nki.hospitalservices.senylrc.org<http://nki.hospitalservices.senylrc.org/>

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail is meant only for the use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information which is legally privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who is not authorized to send it to you, you are strictly prohibited from reviewing, using, disseminating, distributing or copying the e-mail. PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM. Thank you for your cooperation.