I wrote: "Then, it happened........"

I kicked off some generous sized sloughs and then.......I had some awesome ski-gasms!  What? You think this game is all doom 'n gloom?  My run was exciting and fun and I was tickled.  We nailed it!

Afterwards, we descended down a gully and then Igor led us into some awesome trees and believe you me, British Columbia has lots of 'em.  East Tree Skiing vs. West Tree Skiing?  Get real and go North!  We had an awesome roller coaster ride in the deep snow.  Per my post tour notes: "2000' of trees. Ended trip in style"  At the bottom, we tested for the evil Surface Hoar and found no reactivity. Then we skinned up to a track we set in the first day and then followed that back to the hut.

We had some light conviviality that evening.  These hut trips can be pretty serious, at least from my experiences.  The next day there was a delay in getting out - in order to get the monstrous snowfalls that Interior BC gets, you need to have many stormy days.  On the flight out, I was for the umpteenth time take aback by how rugged and huge the terrain is in that area of the world - very dense dark forests, big vertical reliefs with terrifying slide paths and then there's the glaciation in the alpine.

Yeah, it was a big eye opener of a trip for me.  We did on-sight exploring of never before skied terrain sans that one poke that Selkirk Tangiers did and I learned many things.  One thing I learned was how much I indeed know.........then another thing I learned was how much I don't know and it's a lot.  The cool thing about what I don't know is that it is the cool awesome stuff that I want to learn. The learning never stops.

Mark P. Renson