Can someone at NLM address the following two questions, which may be of interest to many frequent PubMed users:
1.  How long, on average, does it take to assign Mesh terms, once a reference is entered in PubMed?  Is there a priority preference, based on "prestige" of journal, whereby NEJM may get indexed faster than Medicine and Health, Rhode Island or a journal from Germany or Zimbabwe?  If prioritized, is there information on how quickly Mesh are assigned for core/AIM journals compared to the other 5,000 who are not core?

2.  Many, many users have wanted to limit results to those articles for those studies taking place in U.S.   Or specifically not pulling references with studies in other continents.  I know there are Mesh geographical terms, but as we all know, they aren't assigned to address this issue.  Is it possible this request has been or may be explored in the future?

Thanks.
Nicky
Nicola F. Pallotti | Library & CME Coordinator | Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island
[log in to unmask] Phone 401-729-2212 | Fax 401-729-3383
111 Brewster Street | Pawtucket, RI  02860 | www.mhri.org