From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Truex, Eleanor
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 10:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: CHAT: Today is Squirrel Appreciation Day

Um... So much to say, but how? I hate to burst your bubble, Lorrie, but squirrels are ubiquitous here and often viewed as rats with bushy tails... I think Fred views them as his adorable nemesis. Kind of like rodent gremlins (poltergeists?). Me, I like to think of them in respect to the odder bits of our jobs (and am too tired this Friday to come up with squirrelly librarian jokes, but I'm sure they can be made!). Welcome to the list!

Re Richard James deeming the squirrel as this list's official mascot, I say the mascot needs a name. Yesterday I proposed Veblen Dewey, but am up for suggestions. Another poster proposed Anita Book, but I feel that this mascot is male, somehow. Hijinks and shenanigans seem the purview of a young male Sciurus carolinensis....

Eleanor Truex BSN, MLIS
Medical Librarian, Lakefront Region

Presence
Saint Francis Hospital
355 Ridge Avenue | Evanston, IL 60202
Office: 847.316.2460

Presence
Saint Joseph Hospital
2900 North Lake Shore Drive | Chicago, IL 06057
Office: 773.665.3038

www.presencehealth.org