Hi Medlibbers,

I was asked by several to post a summary to my post to the list early last week.

Evaluate our researchers' needs for data management

Increase visibility and improve regional quality by attending more regional and unit quality committee meetings - Permission from committee chairs

Investigate consolidating resources and document delivery service with system libraries

Rounding in patient care units to increase visibility - Track time spent and requests received there - Permission from unit leadership

Collection Related- Continue to reduce costs by consolidating and eliminating resources without reducing quality of service.  Use existing resources more efficiently in this effort.

Planning to contact all physicians and nursing departments to visit their staff meetings and give them a short update of library services.

Schedule an advanced CINAHL training or other training classes, although several have said these are not well attended.

Planning on doing short video clips on "how to" and linking them to Library webpage.

Search the literature prior to each monthly Evidence Council or similar council meeting on evidence/best practice on what the topic is to be discussed and supply the citations so that if any articles were to be discussed, the chair/facilitator would have the article 24 hours before the meeting.

Promote various library resources by sending an email blast to the residents bi-monthly.

Possibility of providing online training

Making available one to one (or a few) teaching sessions by appointment at a time suitable for all we have found this a more effective way of "getting the message across".

Improve communication about the library via newsletters and marketing materials

Update the annual library survey.

Improve or expand user access to content and electronic resources by implementing EZProxy or similar product such as Athens or TDNet.

Each staff member is committed to a new project that they will implement for their performance eval.

Doing an analysis of our collection and see what we are able to keep, what we will be dropping and what we are able to purchase.

Increasing our outreach into research teams

Orientation and support for nurses doing research projects

Interacting with all new med students & residents.

Orientations - some group for new residents and new groups of students

Individual orientations for new observers and fellows.

Keep and do updates of our list of publications

Inventorying my library print collection and comparing it to Doody Core

Updating catalog/circulation/ILS system or upgrading to a more efficient system.

Residents/medical student needs assessment survey

Write a grant for our hospital/system for author repository

Work both with our Residency Program and our Web person to create something useful for our Health System

Get more involved with the FM residency on their residency campus idea

Make a library pamphlet

Make a new library slide presentation for orientation

Mentoring grad students online

Being included on medical staff survey

Provide a brief overview of library services to two hospital owned clinics (mostly family practice type clinics) so the off campus folks will know that we are there for them, as well.  We hope to get 5 - 15 min at a staff meeting.

Thank you to all who replied.  I hope this is helpful.

Tonia

Tonia Harris, MLIS
Manager of Library Services | Health Sciences Library
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
101 East Wood Street | Spartanburg, SC 29303
o: 864.560.6770 | f: 864.560.6791
e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | w: SpartanburgRegional.com<http://www.spartanburgregional.com/>