February 10, 2016

From:    Ian Boyce, UVM Class of 1989
              Chair Athletic Director Search Advisory Committee

To:        University of Vermont Community

Re:        Director of Athletics Search Update

I am pleased to report that the search process for the Director of Athletics is progressing well since President Sullivan charged the Search Advisory Committee (membership below). The Search Advisory Committee, which was formed earlier this year, completed work on the advertisement and position description We will be meeting in March for an initial review of candidates. I continue to be appreciative of the work that the Search Advisory Committee is doing on behalf of the the University. I also appreciate the members thoughtful feedback and perspectives which will assist us with the process of identifying an outstanding leader for the Division of Athletics.

The Search Advisory Committee’s position description for the next Director of Athletics, is attached and will shortly be available on the search web site. This document reflects the valuable feedback we received. Advertisements for the position have been placed in numerous publications and on-line search services. I encourage you to assist the Search Advisory Committee with identifying candidates by nominating individuals or sharing the job description with appropriate candidates. You may send information about potential candidates to Matt Adkins at [log in to unmask]. All inquiries and nominations should be addressed to that email.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I can provide additional information about the search.

Thank you.

Athletic Director Search Advisory Committee

Ian Boyce, UVM Class of 1989, Former Chair of the University of Vermont Board of Trustees, Advisory Committee Chair

Niki Brown, Undergraduate Student, Student Government Chair of Student Clubs

Robert Cioffi, UVM Class of 1990, Former Chair of the University of Vermont Board of Trustees

Rocki-Lee DeWitt, Professor of Management, Grossman School of Business and UVM Faculty Athletics Representative

Anne Forcier, UVM Class of 1979, Executive Director of Board Relations, University of Vermont Foundation

Robert Manning, Professor Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources and Former UVM Faculty Athletics Representative

Germain Njila Mopa, UVM Class of 2005, Former University of Vermont Basketball Player

Brian Panish, Parent of University of Vermont Athlete

Judy Shaw, Associate Professor of Nursing and Pediatrics, Executive Director of the Vermont Child Health Improvement Program, and Chair of the UVM Athletic Advisory Board

William G. Shean, UVM Class of 1979, Member of the Board of Directors of the University of Vermont Foundation and Chair of the UVM Athletic Board of Advisors

Martin St. Louis, UVM Class of 1997, Retired National Hockey League Player