Personally speaking I would continue to observe without interfering as it
sounds like there's no obvious human cause. But if certainly keep notes &
maybe try to video some of their action, or get still photos. It certainly
sounds quite fascinating and is live to hear how it resolves.

I did see this take place last summer in a group of five crows, where two
went at it fast and furious for some time (several minutes at least, with
pauses to rest before resuming that behavior). Eventually they stopped and
a while later all flew off together. I had wondered if it hadn't been two
young crows trying to determine 'rank' within their larger family(?) group.

Interesting way to begin the day!

Isis Erb
Burlington, VT