My home hill lies about their piste as well. Since I'm in the mapping field, I have all the data at hand.

They report 952 vertical feet and they report the base elevation at 1148'

The base elevation is actually 1270.

The summits are approximately 2100' but the chair lifts don't take you to the summit.

So we are really talking about 700+ vertical feet that you actually ski from the highest lifts.

Some ski resorts exaggerate the size of their pistes just like some men exaggerate the size of their p...

I bet it is men who report the piste sizes without actually looking at a map. Women would look at a topo map and/or refer to the actual data.

Sorry about turning this into a gender thing...that's what happens when there is a lack of snow.