Does anyone have an effective library use/behavior policy they would be willing to share?  We have been running into problems with patron behavior (loud cell phone conversations, voluble audio on computers/tablets/phones, discussion of patient information in a public area, faculty conducting classes in the library, large groups of students noisily chatting while between classes/clinicals, etc.) that is disturbing other people trying to use the library.

We do not have any private rooms (all our rooms are open to each other and acoustics are very good) so that is not an option currently, though we are working on creating one. We have also been working with our affiliated college administration to encourage less disruptive library behavior by faculty & students.  In the meantime it would be helpful to have an appropriate policy to cite when asking folks to tone it down. We have a library policy & procedure manual but none of our existing policies cover patron behavior.

Thank you in advance for examples,
Janet S. Bolduc, MSLS
Library Director
Gerrish-True Health Sciences Library
Central Maine Medical Center
207-795-2564

This message and any included attachments are from Central Maine Healthcare and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by E-mail or you may call Central Maine Healthcare in Lewiston, Maine, U.S.A at (207) 795-2259.  Thank you.