Mom saw the untracked and got stars in her eyes. Sonya was all over it as well.  It was as group decision. But sometimes, the decision should not be left to the group, but to the one that (usually) posseses the wisdom.

 The bottom third started with a fall caused by a particularly large chunk on a steep pitch.  The landing position made it a struggle to get up.  The conditions deteriorated in the last 700', and so did the mood.  No treats were given.  We skied lots of easier stuff the rest of the day, including some beautiful trees.