Meraki's MDM is free (up to 100 devices) or that's at least what they're
forcing me to switch to.  It used to be free but now my license is
"expired" and I need to move from the legacy license to this new free one.
Aerohive also have a MDM solution, it looks very similar to Meraki's.  I
have "free" 100 device license for it as well, but that may be because we
have their APs hive manager licensed in the cloud.

I'd wait and see what Apple School Manager
https://help.apple.com/schoolmanager/ can offer compared to Meraki, and all
the others

Ben Leslie
Technology Manager, BVSU