Check here for updated info from the state on sbac browsers.

Currently recommending V48.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Raymond Ballou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Keith

I had to migrate some machines (out of a grad year set) from ver46 to ver48 today.

They were either
-showing no APP in the kiosk tray
-would launch the kiosk app but would say "waiting for network connection"

The latter not really being a network issue as the students could log on and use the machine perfectly in normal mode.

Not sure yet what they all had in common, though at least of few of them had been out for service.

So they had been deprovisioned, sent out for service and then put back into a 46 OU.

They were in fact (on the device and in the console) at 46.

AIR had told me to update new machines to 48 and to not try and have a 46 turn 47.

I had been given the impression that they went from 46 to 48 as they never got everything perfect on 47, and that it will run and should work, but it was not fully tested and supported on 47.

But perhaps that was just the tier 2 tech's impression more than reality.

Does anyone know of any unintended consequences of allowing the update to 48.* which is now the upper supported Chrome OS for SBAC?