Keith,

One twist I have put on it with 4-8 students is to have the machines bootable when we begin, then challenge them to re-assemble them out of the case and boot them.  They get quite a kick out of seeing a table top of components wired together boot up.  We also go as far as removing the CPU, having it boot afterwards means they have gotten the "touch" for mounting chips in sockets.

Craig Lyndes
St Albans City School