I think there is a built in Automator processs where you can encrypt from
the print dialog. If not and you are comfortable with Automator you can add
the workflow there.(
https://macosxautomation.com/automator/encryptPDFs/index.html)

Or you can search the app store for a free tool, I think there is one
called pdf encryptor.

Good luck.