I think there is a built in Automator processs where you can encrypt from the print dialog. If not and you are comfortable with Automator you can add the workflow there.( https://macosxautomation.com/automator/encryptPDFs/index.html)

Or you can search the app store for a free tool, I think there is one called pdf encryptor.

Good luck.