Print

Print


I was thinking about that, but the translator needs to be able to type in
Vietnamese and English while she’s logged in. Normally I would give the
translator a Mac that allows the language to be changed easily or have the
translator use a font designed for other languages.

Bryan

♻ Please consider the environment before printing this email. ♻

Bryan Thompson
Technology Coordinator
802-655-2555

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED.

The information contained in this communication, including
any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from
the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized
use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-383-6000
or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately.
Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise
the confidential nature of the communication.


On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Elizabeth McCarthy <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> they should be able to go into their settings and change it to Vietnamese
> https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1059490?hl=en-GB&source=genius-rts
>
> *Elizabeth McCarthy, MAT*
> *Digital Learning SpecialistGoogle for Education Certified Trainer*
> Google+google.com/+ElizabethMcCarthy
> <https://www.google.com/+ElizabethMcCarthy>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Bryan Thompson <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a translator who is interested in using a Chromebook if she can
>> type in Vietnamese. I found one extension that looks promising, “AVIM -
>> Vietnamese Input Method”, but I cannot figure out how to use it. I went to
>> both the support and reviews tabs in the google store and many people ask
>> how to use it. Does anyone here have the knowledge, or advice to type in
>> Vietnamese on a Chromebook?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bryan
>>
>> ♻ Please consider the environment before printing this email. ♻
>>
>> Bryan Thompson
>> Technology Coordinator802-655-2555
>>
>> CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED.
>>
>> The information contained in this communication, including
>> any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
>> communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
>> This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from
>> the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
>> by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
>> Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized
>> use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is
>> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
>> communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-383-6000
>> or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately.
>> Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise
>> the confidential nature of the communication.
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>> Archive
>>
>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>