Windsor Southeast Supervisory Union
127 State Street, Windsor, VT 05089
Email | Google+Twitter | LinkedIn | 802.674.8336

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Devino, Michelle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We switched away from AlertNow when it was becoming Blackboard Connect. We switched to Alert Solutions and we had numerous complaints. We ended up breaking contract early and we have now been with SchoolMessenger with nothing but positive feedback. We use SchoolMessenger with PowerSchool as our SIS. Very easy to use. Sending messages is very intuitive.

Michelle M. Devino
Data Manager
Colchester School District

-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Glen Page
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Phone notification systems

I am sure that this has been asked before but I was asked to check and see what others were doing.

We currently use Blackboard Connect as a phone notification system for contacting parents and others regarding school closings and other such happenings. Our contract with them is up for renewal.

Wondering what others are using and what positive/negative feedback you could give me on your current solution.

TIA,

Glen Page
Technology Systems Administrator
ThetNet - Thetford Academy
802.785.4805.x231

“Calculations which required a $20 million machine eight years ago can be done on a Mac cluster costing about $11,000.”