I am also working on this issue. According to the manual you need to have your STT software running when you start the secure browser. Permissive Mode needs to be turned on as an accommodation for the student. This is described on page 47 of the Test Administrator User Guide. After logging into the test a screen appears asking if this is the correct test. At that point you are supposed to be able to switch to the Sound Recorder. The Practice Test will not start if the Voice Recorder is running. This is in Windows 7.

Has anyone succeeded in in getting STT to work in testing mode? I would like to know the system works before we start an actual test.

Thanks to all,
Bob