Print

Print


Hi,  no extra software necessary.  Just click Safari's "Clear History" or
Chrome's "Clear Browsing Data" and you will be all set.  We teach all of
our students and staff this trick, and we have had no issues in 8 years.

-AB

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Edith Fogarty <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Resetting Chrome and the Safari homepage after the AdwareMedic scan seemed
> to do the trick!  Thanks!!
>
> Edith Fogarty
> Technology Integration Facilitator
> Bradford Elementary School
> 143 Fairground Rd
> Bradford, VT 05033
> 802.222.4077 x208
> 802.222.5196 fax
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 12:39 PM, Edith Fogarty <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> I haven't had any luck with adware medic removing Chumsearch from Chrome
>> or Safari.
>>
>> Edith Fogarty
>> Technology Integration Facilitator
>> Bradford Elementary School
>> 143 Fairground Rd
>> Bradford, VT 05033
>> 802.222.4077 x208
>> 802.222.5196 fax
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Robert Wickberg <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've used adware medic, now known as Malwarebytes for Mac, very
>>> successfully to remove this stuff, but we still have some Macs that can't
>>> be upgraded beyond OS 10.7, and it won't run on them.  I tried Avast, and
>>> it didn't detect or clean up a piece of crapware called Shoptool that one
>>> teacher managed to install on his desktop iMac.  I was able to find if on
>>> my own, but I'm still looking for a good tool that will work on 10.6 and
>>> 10.7.
>>>
>>> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Drew Blanchard <
>>> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Greetings!
>>>>
>>>> Get AdwareMedic (now bundled with Malwarebytes):
>>>> http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php
>>>>
>>>> It won’t prevent the problem from occurring (even having extensions
>>>> like AdBlock Plus don’t help there), but does clean up the mess after
>>>> crapware gets installed.
>>>>
>>>> We’ve learned to truly despise things like MacKeeper and Tune Up My Mac
>>>> - but Adware Medic can get rid of ‘em.
>>>>
>>>> Drew
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Edith Fogarty <[log in to unmask]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I am looking for suggestions for preventing adware infections on
>>>>> teacher Macs.  Yes, telling teachers not to download files is one option,
>>>>> but not a realistic one.  We currently run Avast on all teacher machines,
>>>>> but this hasn't prevented our latest infection.
>>>>>
>>>>> Edith Fogarty
>>>>> Technology Integration Facilitator
>>>>> Bradford Elementary School
>>>>> 143 Fairground Rd
>>>>> Bradford, VT 05033
>>>>> 802.222.4077 x208
>>>>> 802.222.5196 fax
>>>>>
>>>>> *CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:* The information transmitted, including
>>>>> attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is
>>>>> addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
>>>>> review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
>>>>> action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than
>>>>> the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
>>>>> contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.
>>>>>
>>>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>
>>>>> Search
>>>>> <http://t.sidekickopen01.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs3MqxQnVfmWQx5w02wxW8qlQyH56dwWXd7Qfjn02?t=http%3A%2F%2Flist.uvm.edu%2Farchives%2Fschool-it.html&si=5697303119134720&pi=2b44ba22-a77e-4fd3-fe15-60a613aa0cb9>
>>>>> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>>>>>
>>>>> Manage
>>>>> <http://t.sidekickopen01.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs3MqxQnVfmWQx5w02wxW8qlQyH56dwWXd7Qfjn02?t=http%3A%2F%2Flist.uvm.edu%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwa%3FSUBED1%3DSCHOOL-IT%26A%3D1&si=5697303119134720&pi=2b44ba22-a77e-4fd3-fe15-60a613aa0cb9>
>>>>> your Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Drew Blanchard
>>>> Technology Integration Specialist
>>>> Google Apps Certified
>>>> Winooski City Schools
>>>> 60 Normand St
>>>> Winooski, VT 05404
>>>>
>>>> vm: (802) 383 - 6073
>>>>
>>>> I apologize for the following long, wordy, and required signature
>>>> statement
>>>>
>>>> CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED.
>>>>
>>>> The information contained in this communication, including any
>>>> attachments, is confidential, constitutes privileged communication, and is
>>>> intended only for the use of the addressee.  This message may not be
>>>> forwarded without prior consent from the sender. The information in this
>>>> e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational
>>>> Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any
>>>> unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying
>>>> is
>>>> strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received
>>>> this communication in error, please notify us immediately at
>>>> 802-383-6000 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message
>>>> immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not
>>>> compromise the confidential nature of the communication.
>>>>
>>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Search
>>>> <http://t.sidekickopen01.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs3MqxQnVfmWQx5w02wxW8qlQyH56dwWXd7Qfjn02?t=http%3A%2F%2Flist.uvm.edu%2Farchives%2Fschool-it.html&si=5697303119134720&pi=2b44ba22-a77e-4fd3-fe15-60a613aa0cb9>
>>>> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>>>>
>>>> Manage
>>>> <http://t.sidekickopen01.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs3MqxQnVfmWQx5w02wxW8qlQyH56dwWXd7Qfjn02?t=http%3A%2F%2Flist.uvm.edu%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwa%3FSUBED1%3DSCHOOL-IT%26A%3D1&si=5697303119134720&pi=2b44ba22-a77e-4fd3-fe15-60a613aa0cb9>
>>>> your Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bob Wickberg
>>> Technology Coordinator
>>> Brattleboro Union High School District # 6
>>> (802)451-3418
>>>
>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Search
>>> <http://t.sidekickopen01.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs3MqxQnVfmWQx5w02wxW8qlQyH56dwWXd7Qfjn02?t=http%3A%2F%2Flist.uvm.edu%2Farchives%2Fschool-it.html&si=5697303119134720&pi=2b44ba22-a77e-4fd3-fe15-60a613aa0cb9>
>>> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>>>
>>> Manage
>>> <http://t.sidekickopen01.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs3MqxQnVfmWQx5w02wxW8qlQyH56dwWXd7Qfjn02?t=http%3A%2F%2Flist.uvm.edu%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwa%3FSUBED1%3DSCHOOL-IT%26A%3D1&si=5697303119134720&pi=2b44ba22-a77e-4fd3-fe15-60a613aa0cb9>
>>> your Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>>
>>
>>
>
> *CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:* The information transmitted, including
> attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is
> addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
> review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
> action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than
> the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
> contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>



-- 
Amanda Bickford