Like Dr. Roberts, we also see anticoagulation therapy when deemed
appropriate/more severe and occlusive.   Depending on extend and other
factors related to patient condion, we occasionally see these go untreated
as they are not typically symptomatic (swelling) long term, if at all.  We
will do close f/u in the vascular lab for those patients.  Often the
thrombus resloves without incident. I do not recall hearing of a case of
PE, likely because the higher risk patients get anticoagulants.

Tony Smet,  RVT

Sent from my mobile device