This morning (7:45-7:50) there were at least 300 Bohemian Waxwings in a treetop in front of Patrick Gym on the UVM campus. There are often a few Cedar Waxwings in this general area but I didn't locate any of them in this flock. The Bohemians were difficult to count because they were restless, with large groups taking off and then returning almost immediately before the entire flock lifted off and headed west toward Redstone. Five minutes later they passed overhead as I reached Main Street by the Davis Center. Again they were headed west toward the reservoir. Zugunruhe?

Josh Phillips