Print

Print


FOY woodcock peenting and displaying in Richmond. Spring is here!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 27, 2016, at 12:00 AM, VTBIRD automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> There are 7 messages totaling 178 lines in this issue.
> 
> Topics of the day:
> 
>  1. Robins (2)
>  2. Butterfly/Moth (3)
>  3. Spring has sprung
>  4. four sparrow day
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Sat, 26 Mar 2016 11:04:29 +0000
> From:    b flewelling <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Robins
> 
> It's not unusual to see robins in my front yard, - but at least 65 this morning!  
> 
> Bruce Flewelling 
> RT 73, Rochester 
>   
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Sat, 26 Mar 2016 13:47:19 -0400
> From:    Susan Fogleman <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Robins
> 
> Look them over, Bruce -  maybe there's a [Eurasian] Redwing with them!
> 
> 
> Susan Fogleman
> Campton NH
> [log in to unmask]
> 
> "If the environment were a bank, it would have been saved by now"      Bernie Sanders
> 
> "It's better to show up than to give up."  Bernie Sanders
> 
>> On Mar 26, 2016, at 7:04 AM, b flewelling wrote:
>> 
>> It's not unusual to see robins in my front yard, - but at least 65 this morning!  
>> 
>> Bruce Flewelling 
>> RT 73, Rochester
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Sat, 26 Mar 2016 15:41:21 -0400
> From:    Barbara Powers <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Butterfly/Moth
> 
> On my walk today I saw a small orange butterfly/moth puddling in the road. Can anyone identify it for me? I'd like to enter it into e-butterfly but am just a beginner at identifying so need some help. Thanks. 
> Barbara Powers
> Manchester Center
>                         
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Sat, 26 Mar 2016 17:05:16 -0400
> From:    Mundi Smithers <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Spring has sprung
> 
> The Kestrel house was cleaned today under the watchful eye of the Kestrel pair, a a safe distance.  The Tree Swallows just arrived a hour or so ago and the Peregrines are ‘at home’ on their eyrie.
> 
> Anyone in this area interested in putting up and monitoring Kestrel houses??
> 
> Can’t get much better!
> 
> 
> Mundi
> North Pownal
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Sat, 26 Mar 2016 17:19:29 -0400
> From:    Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Butterfly/Moth
> 
> Thanks for thinking of eButterfly! But, this is likely a moth. In early
> spring there is a moth called the Infant Moth. It likes dirt roads and dirt
> places. See
> http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/species.php?hodges=6256. You can
> put this, and all moths and things, in iNaturalist Vermont though! Check it
> out at http://www.inaturalist.org/projects/vermont-atlas-of-life.
> Thanks,
> Kent
> 
> ____________________________
> 
> Kent McFarland
> Vermont Center for Ecostudies
> PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
> 802.649.1431 x2
> 
> <http://vtecostudies.org/>
> 
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Barbara Powers <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> 
>> On my walk today I saw a small orange butterfly/moth puddling in the road.
>> Can anyone identify it for me? I'd like to enter it into e-butterfly but am
>> just a beginner at identifying so need some help. Thanks.
>> Barbara Powers
>> Manchester Center
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Sat, 26 Mar 2016 20:14:03 -0400
> From:    Eric Wood <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: four sparrow day
> 
> Four sparrow species here in Jericho, for Feeder Watch.  Fox sparrow came in yesterday, and here today along with tree, song and chipping - which showed up for the first time this year.  Earliest we've had the fox and chipping sparrows here.
> 
> -Eric
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Date:    Sat, 26 Mar 2016 23:06:11 -0400
> From:    Barbara Powers <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Butterfly/Moth
> 
> Thanks Kent for the information. 
> Barbara Powers 
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
>> On Mar 26, 2016, at 5:20 PM, Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> 
>> Thanks for thinking of eButterfly! But, this is likely a moth. In early
>> spring there is a moth called the Infant Moth. It likes dirt roads and dirt
>> places. See
>> http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/species.php?hodges=6256. You can
>> put this, and all moths and things, in iNaturalist Vermont though! Check it
>> out at http://www.inaturalist.org/projects/vermont-atlas-of-life.
>> Thanks,
>> Kent
>> 
>> ____________________________
>> 
>> Kent McFarland
>> Vermont Center for Ecostudies
>> PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
>> 802.649.1431 x2
>> 
>> <http://vtecostudies.org/>
>> 
>> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 3:41 PM, Barbara Powers <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>> 
>>> On my walk today I saw a small orange butterfly/moth puddling in the road.
>>> Can anyone identify it for me? I'd like to enter it into e-butterfly but am
>>> just a beginner at identifying so need some help. Thanks.
>>> Barbara Powers
>>> Manchester Center
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of VTBIRD Digest - 25 Mar 2016 to 26 Mar 2016 (#2016-82)
> ************************************************************