Hi Ruth and anyone else that is interested.  Our box is about 15' off the ground.  It is placed facing south east with a tiny farm pond nearby.  The box is fairly close to a tree line that divides two meadows.  We are fortunate to have a utility line run through our meadow. They sit on the wires and hunt for small rodents and insects.  We bought our box online several years ago but due to unexpected moves, etc. It didn't get 'placed' until last spring.  The male Kestrel showed up and we were inspired. Presto! Out came the ladder and tools. We put a layer of pine shavings in the box and the rest is history.

They are shy so it is hard to watch from near by...... a scope is helpful.

Mundi
North Pownal

Sent from my iPad