Hi all,
Becky wanted me to let Vermonters know that registration for this festival just opened. I spent 4 days here a few years ago and it comes highly recommended. It was filled with friendly birders from throughout the northeast (and even as far away as the west coast), gorgeous scenery, a fantastic pelagic trip, and birds a many. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it!
Julie
Fairfax

Greetings All Birders,

Registration for the Acadia Birding Festival OPENED MARCH 1.

ABF is a non-profit organization designed to bring birders together for fun, education, and camaraderie (and proceeds from the festival are donated to local conservation organizations)!  It is a four day festival (June 2-5, 2016) but you can attend as little or as much as you wish.  It is a pay-per-event and does require pre-registration.

Our field trips range from local outings on Mount Desert Island to boreal/Downeast Maine to Saddleback Mt and Bicknell's Thrush. We also venture out on the Friendship V whale watch boat in search of pelagic species (Sat, June 4), and take a ferry to both Frenchboro (Long Island) and Little Cranberry Island for island field trips.  This year, over 40 birding guides will be leading these various trips.

We are pleased to announce three keynote speakers this year:
1.     Dr. Steve Kress - Director of the Seabird Restoration Program in Maine (and Project Puffin)
2.     Jen Brumfield - Naturalist and outdoor educator from Cleveland, OH
3.     Sharon Stiteler (Birdchick) - Writer, blogger, traveler..... everything birds.

Jen will be speaking Thursday night (June 2), Steve on Friday night (June 3), and Sharon on Saturday night (June 4). In addition, our keynotes will be helping lead several field trips, along with our talented guides, from all over the US (and Ecuador!).

In addition, Eagle Optics, Leica, and Wildside Nature Tours will have booths at the festival.  It's a great way to get good deals on optics and birding trips around the world!

To learn more, and register, visit www.acadiabirdingfestival.com, or jump directly to our schedule to see the events we offer.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at [log in to unmask]

Happy birding,
Becky

Becky Marvil, Executive Director
Acadia Birding Festival (June 2 - 5, 2016)
Mount Desert Island, Bar Harbor, ME
207-233-3694
www.acadiabirdingfestival.com