My husband (a 'birder' by osmosis!) reported seeing an orange and black bird fly across the road in NY yesterday, 3/8/16 about 3 pm.  He commented on seeing it, but didn't recognize that this guy would be mega-early.  He was on Rte 9 - west of Queensbury, NY around Round Pond Rd.  Any idea how to alert NY birders to this possibility?  I have posted on ebird.  FOY Song Sparrow. Bluebird sitting on top of my bird feeder - singing away at 8 amLg skeins of geese over house in E. Dorset and over Bromley Mt this a.m  8:15-*:30.  Thank you, Taj, for your plea to use VT-BIRD.  I think a lot of us (myself included) who have not been using it regularly.  But it really reaches everyone who subscribes as soon as posted, known or unknown to the person posting.

Ruth Stewart

E. Dorset, VT