Hello all,
Have been chatting with Sue offline and asked her to clarify the question.
I think this is something we, as a profession, need to remember to do more
often when dealing with clinicians and health science students before
responding to their questions. Seeking clarification is rooted in the
reference interview which, I suspect is still being taught during MLS
training, but based on questions posed to this list, and other experience,
I wonder if we do it as often as we should  in health librarianship.

With best wishes,
Michelle Fiander